Ericsson predicts that by 2020, human population will grow to 7.6 billion, with almost 50 billion devices connected to the Internet. Not only the devices or smartphones but also the objects that are used in daily life are getting connected to the internet. Even a Gartner report stated that nearly 6.4 billion connected objects are in use currently, that is a 30% rise from the previous year. In turn, that number is expected to further explode by 2020, where the IoT market will include 20.8 billion things.
Internet of things is the next big thing that the technology giants are thriving to inculcate into the business practice to provide the world with connected solutions. How less tiresome it would be if you knew what is wrong with your car or a machine that you use the most. Now that we are talking about connected devices why not talk about connected vehicles. The most basic function in all fleet management system, is the vehicle tracking component.
Benefits of a connected solution
To start with, DHL, the German logistics company has all its fleet connected by implementing IoT technology. Let’s find out what are the benefits of implementing IoT for fleet tracking.
- Processes Automation: Process automation not only limits to GPS tracking and vehicle maintenance. It can also aid you with a smarter way of parking. The users can be guided to a nearby empty parking slot which would save time and will give the service providers to bag happy clientele.
- Better Analysis: Get useful insights into driver behavior, vehicle speeding and idling and much more just by implementing IoT solutions.
- Preventative Maintenance: Internet of Things provides the connectivity with your fleet which enhances the tracking of your vehicle’s’ health. With push notifications and alerts, you can self-diagnose the defects in your vehicles and take preventive actions to solve them.
- Visibility: With a feature like ‘geofencing’ you can limit your vehicle’s movement. You not only have a full visibility on your vehicles but also leverage this feature to limit your vehicle’s movements.
Why to leverage IoT technology for your fleets?
- Easier and Efficient Operations: With connected vehicles, you can not only track them but also understand its health. With features like self-diagnosis, you can maintain your vehicles with ease.
- Competitive Advantage: Collecting information, sharing, and acting on the information real time information helps a company make quick decisions and instant improvements.
- Leverage a Vast Amount of Data: You can get connected to all your vehicles with the aid of IoT technology. You not only can track them but also store the details of each and every trip that your vehicle has been to.
- Cost Optimization: Fleet managers can save the spend on maintenance by tracking the driving behavior to prevent further damage. This not only gives you a cost efficient solution but also helps to make the process more efficient.
LetsNurture has expertise in developing website along with Android and iOS application to foster technological needs for your fleet management. It aims to give the fleet management companies an extensive range of solutions using IoT technology. This connected solution not only provides the real-time tracking but also help you maintain the whole eco-system of your vehicles. If you have a similar requirement for your fleets, please feel free to drop us an email at [email protected].