A continuation to our Smart Home blog series has lead us here to Smart Plants. We have read, how can we be connected with everything in the home, right from our kitchen appliances to our music system, from lights to security systems, all the devices can communicate with us. Also, the smart sensor based tags that are kept with our pets, gives us their location and helps us ascertain their health and mood.
With so many things connected, don’t you think we are leaving one of the very vital elements that is part of our home. Very few of us realise that plants too are members of our ecosystem. They constitute more of our lives than that of our gaming consoles and Hi-Fi gadgets but in this SMART world, we seems to have forgotten them. In race for advanced machines, we somewhere neglected the basic thing that keeps us going, Oxygen. Apart from water, plant are huge source of atmospheric oxygen which they produce during the process of photosynthesis.
While researches have proved that plants for feel and communicate, it we Humans who are unable to understand their needs. Now with so much technology, we have such devices available that can access the needs of plant and let you know over your Smartphone through a mobile app. Such devices have different sensors that collect the data from the plant and analyse it according to the climate and type of plant before sending alerts to the users.
Why you need a Smart Plant device?
- Do you need to be reminded by someone to water the plants.
- Do you keep the plant in safe place where it gets sufficient sunlight?
- Do you know what minerals or fertilisers does the plant need?
- Is the temperature around the plant desirable?
- Is the moisture in the soil fine?
If your answer of all these questions are affirmative, then you are really good with plants and communicate with them closely. Most of us are not, so we might rely on such Smart Plant devices to help us know our plants better. With regular reminders and alerts you are updated about your plant’s health and you can ensure that all the needs of the plant are fulfilled.
How it Works?
The process is as easy as eating a doughnut. All you need to do is to :-
- Find the right Smart Plant device for the plant and install it as in the manual.
- Connect it with the corresponding app in your smartphone or tablet.
- The mobile app in device would measure the vital statistics of the plant.
- After analysing the data collected by the device, the app will give you notification.
- App may also send you alerts in case of special attention required by the plant.
Benefit of such devices can be taken by both plant hobbyist and professional landscapers. These devices also helps you to keep a log of all the vital statistical data related your plant ensuring you may keep a track on plants health. One of the best device available in the market is Parrot Flower Power. It works on BLE technology to send data to smartphone app and is compatible with both Android and iOS.
We at LetsNurture have always been close to nature. Such technological advancement that can benefit the ecological system of our planet is boon in every kind. Our dedicated team has been providing state-of-the-art web and app solutions to our global client client base. It would be nice to hear from you regarding the varied services that we offer. Just get in touch with us below.